VMware Cloud Community
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The "Add permission" operation failed.. " for a cluster

Is there anyway to set permissions for one user to have basic access to a cluster? The error Im getting is...

"The "Add permission" operation failed for the entity with the following error message.

Provider method implementation threw unexpected exception: %s"

No matter what permissions are set. We do not want to give full rights. Just enough to manage the VMs and a few extras like vSphere replication and alike. Or a I going about this the wrong way.

Thanks in  advance

James

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Be leave I have it unless someone else has a better idea. The rights on the attached screenshots show what rights were set. This role "HI_Admin" is applied to the cluster and the datastore for an individual to manage VMs. This seems to give the most basic rights for an someone to do their work without accessing anything they are not supposed to they are not supposed to.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hello James,

Do we have that user which you are trying to add is part of any other group in the permissions tab?

Are permissions working for other users and issue is only isolated to one user account?

Thanks,

MS

0 Kudos
jamesreinke2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Be leave I have it unless someone else has a better idea. The rights on the attached screenshots show what rights were set. This role "HI_Admin" is applied to the cluster and the datastore for an individual to manage VMs. This seems to give the most basic rights for an someone to do their work without accessing anything they are not supposed to they are not supposed to.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

0 Kudos
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Is it your local user or domain user.

Did you create role for this user

For basic information

vCenter Server Security with Roles, Permissions and Privilages

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you