VMware Cloud Community
MICDROP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The ESXi hosts in vCenter's inventory are marked as "Not responding"

The ESXi hosts in vCenter's inventory are marked as Not responding ..! (All Hosts in vCenter)

Use SSH to connect to the ESXi host. So Host didn't die.

I can use SSH to connect to ESXi hosts. So I think hosts did not die.

What can I do?

Thanks to read .

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DANAND84
Contributor
Contributor

CHeck dns

0 Kudos
NathanosBlightc
Commander
Commander

First of all if you added them by DNS name (not IP address) it may related to the DNS Service  that are configured for the name resolution of your vCenter Server and your ESXi hosts. Check the related A records in the DNS records and also try to resolve the FQDN of each ESXi by the vCenter server (for example try to ping them in shell/SSH access) and also from the client computer too.

It can be an issue in the network connectivity between your vCenter and its related ESXi hosts.

Anyway you should check the following log files in the ESXi shell to gather proper information about your problem:

/var/log/vpxa.log

/var/log/vmkernel.log

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer if this solution resolved your problem
0 Kudos
MICDROP
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

816Z error vpxa[7100913] [Originator@6876 sub=vpxaVmomi] [VpxaClientAdapter::InvokeCommon] Got exception while invoking retrieveContent on vim.ServiceInstance:ServiceInstance: 'N7Vmacore16TimeoutExceptionE(Operation timed out)

--> [context]zKq7AVICAgAAAAt3xgARdnB4YQAAfDw2bGlidm1hY29yZS5zbwAA0LobAN6ZFwC8pR8BM4URbGlidm1vbWkuc28AAceLEQKSNid2cHhhAALsOCcBpa4TgwY5DgFsaWJ2aW0tdHlwZXMuc28AAgHsMQId8DECof8lAktrJQI+AiUEfRkCbGliYy5zby42AAKFXSU=[/context]'

Suspected log found in vpxa.log.

I'm going to requet the SR, but do you know anything about this?

Please help me!

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

Please open a support request with VMware. This forum is not a replacement for GSS.

0 Kudos