VMware Cloud Community
mahmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Temperature chart

Hi

Is is possible to get a cpu temperature chart in vsphere similar to cpu and memory charts (realtime/day/week/month)? If that is not possible, what about the esxi interface? I can not find such thing.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

Hey, hope you are doing fine

Out of the box you can't have a temperature graph, what you can do is see onboard system events and alert based on temperature.

What servers do you use? this is important because management system differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

If you have vROPs you can do something like you requesting, but for that you need to add a management pack (for example a HPE-OneView) and configure it to recollect hardware metrics
I'm not sure if you can do it on sexigraf SexiGraf

Hope this works

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey mahmn​,

Unfortunately no, you can not do it. The only way to see the status is by going to the Hardware Health status section selecting a single ESXi: Monitoring Host Health Status

0 Kudos
mahmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I see this page

Is any of your ESXi Hosts in your data centers overheating? | virtual red dot

However don't know if that is what I want.

0 Kudos
nachogonzalez
Commander
Commander

mahmn​ the link you privided is monitoring with vROPs as stated before.
Out of the box you can see the hardware logs on vCenter, and trigger alarms based on temperature, other than that it's very tricky

Do you have vROPs?

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That is from vRealize Operations Manager which is the monitoring tool from VMware. It is an additional product, of course if you have the license you can use that, if not, you will not be able to do it and you can only use the Hardware Health tab.

0 Kudos
mahmn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I myself don't have that. But I have access to a system which uses vrealize ovf. I will try that.

0 Kudos