We are running vSphere 6 Update 4. vCenter Server is running on a Windows 2012R2 Server.
We have created a Windows 10 Template without joining Domain.
When we attempt to deploy VM from the Windows 10 Template, it appears that customization doesn't run (Windows 10 License / Joining Domain / Change VM Name ... etc). We guess it may due to SYSPREP for Windows 10 is not available.
Can we ask
1) Whether SYSPREP causes the problem ?
2) Where should I find the required SYSPREP for Windows 10 and where should it be located ?
From the Forum, I find that there are a lot of fellows encounter similar problem.
If customization problem cannot be fixed, in order to deploy Virtual Machines, can I do the following for each VM ?
1) Make a clone of the Template VM
2) Change Machine Name
3) Enter Key
3) Join Domain
Actually the issue is that you are running vCenter 6 and are trying to quickprep windows 10 VMs which were not released at the moment of vSphere 6.
What you can do is this:
- Run a sysprep script on each of those VMs
- Update vCenter to a later version (VCSA 6.5) in which quickprep should be updated