VMware Cloud Community
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Still can't log into vSphere 6.5 Web Client (flash issue)...

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Chrome, uninstalling/reinstalling Adobe Flash Player 27 PPAPI, and copying the AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash data from a known working computer. None of these worked. Not sure what else to try. Knowing me... I'm probably missing something completely obvious. Any suggestions welcome

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hinary4484,

How is it with IE? Did you try to get in to the WebClient with the InternetExplorer or with Edge?

I just recently had this tread, just read this:

https://vmtn.blog/2017/11/28/vcenter-web-client-fails-on-chrome/

I had another user with the same issue.
Try to do that and let me know if it worked.

Best regards,
Marco

Check my blog, and if my answere resolved the issue, please provide a feedback. Marco Frias - VMware is my World www.vmtn.blog

View solution in original post

6 Replies
mprazeres183
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hinary4484,

How is it with IE? Did you try to get in to the WebClient with the InternetExplorer or with Edge?

I just recently had this tread, just read this:

https://vmtn.blog/2017/11/28/vcenter-web-client-fails-on-chrome/

I had another user with the same issue.
Try to do that and let me know if it worked.

Best regards,
Marco

Check my blog, and if my answere resolved the issue, please provide a feedback. Marco Frias - VMware is my World www.vmtn.blog
bhards4
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

Please use below link to resolve your issue.

-Sachin

0 Kudos
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Edge shows the same "To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player v 11.5.0 or greater is installed".  IE just sits and spins after entering logon info.

I'll check out your link.

0 Kudos
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
CERKYR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

How did you fix the problem, considering that Flash is already inclueded inside IE 11 (Windows 2016) ?

Do I need to upgrade IE 11 with a MS KB ?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Noorealam1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Try this out:

The solution for this is not that hard, you must install the Desktop Experience feature on the server. start PowerShell for that, and type the following command: Install-WindowsFeature Desktop-Experience

once installed a reboot is required, reboot the server login using IE and check.

Noor Alam
0 Kudos