VMware vSphere

View Only
  • 1.  Steps to change vSphere Alarm 'CPU' alert email address

Posted Mar 02, 2022 12:47 AM

What are the steps to change the email address that the vSphere 6.7 Alarm 'CPU' alert sends email notifications to?

This is a screenshot from the vSphere event viewer which shows that the Alarm 'CPU' has sent an email to the email address that I am looking to change.

CPU alert.jpg

Now I"m trying to figure out where exactly within the vSphere alerts section I need to navigate to so I can change this notification alert email address.

Here's a full screenshot of where this event is displayed within vSphere event viewer:

Alarm CPU.PNG

Within vSphere I have already navigated to configure -> alarm definitions and have looked through all of the alerts I have found that contain the word CPU but when I click to edit these alarm definitions I don't see the existing email address that I am looking to change or any other area where I can enter the email address that I want to set for this alert.

Where else do I need to navigate to or what other processes can I use to change the email address associated with this alert notification? I would prefer to find the exact location where this notification is already set and simply change the email address instead of creating a new alert. I don't want the old alert which is sending to the wrong email address to remain active I simply want to edit the email address used for this alert.

• 2.  RE: Steps to change vSphere Alarm 'CPU' alert email address

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 02, 2022 11:48 AM

Thread reported so moderators know it should be moved to the area for vSphere, since this has nothing to do with NSX.