VMware Cloud Community
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Standby-Hosts exiting standby after VCSA-Reboot

Hello all,

i have a big cluster with several hosts in standbymode because they are not used in the moment.

but every time when the vcsa is rebooted after patching these hosts exit standby and a few minutes  after they came up dpm put them again in standbymode.

is there any chance to avoid this waking up ?

VCSA 6.7.0.44200

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just spoke with the Product Manager, unfortunately this is expected today based on the current design and can't be avoided. They will consider solving this problem in a future release.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have never noticed this, but it is not really something I have explicitly tried or looked for either. It would surprise me if a reset of the service indeed triggers this. I don't know of a way to avoid this either. I will point the PM to this to see if this is something the engineering team can solve in the future.

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thank you.

had this several times and could not find anything in the logs which points to the reason why this is happening

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just spoke with the Product Manager, unfortunately this is expected today based on the current design and can't be avoided. They will consider solving this problem in a future release.

0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

thank you again. so its not a bug and i have to live with it for a while

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, this is by design