VMware Cloud Community
RLOGRONO
Contributor
Contributor

Srv 2016 Virtual Machine Losses Network Connectivity after a restart - ESXI 6.7 U2 (build 13006603)

Hi Fellas,

For some reasons we have several Virtual Machines running Server 2016 loosing connectivity after a reboot, this after being properly working.

These machines are running With the latest VM Tools (  Vmware Tools 10.3.5 Build 10430147). VMXNET and Even the Standard NIC Card.

I read several threats related to this being caused by a Patch, but nothing concrete.

and I already completed the method of using (set devmgr_show_nonpresent_device=1 to delete all those grey out "Ghost" interfaces in the Virtual Machine from the Device Manager).

Without success.

Does anyone knows what could be done to get this fixed?

anything that I may be missing? Could this be a Microsoft Patch issue?

thanks in advance for any guidance.

Ron

0 Kudos
2 Replies
tac00303
Contributor
Contributor

i had this problem after updating to 6.7 up 1 I thought this update would fix the issue. it also happens randomly on other servers

0 Kudos
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership

Hi,

I had a similar problem and discovered that it was caused by the Cisco devices connected upstream of the vmware infrastructure. When I restarted the servers I often lost the network and had to disconnect and reconnect the virtual network card of the vm.

Do you have any Cisco devices?

Alessandro Romeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos