VMware Cloud Community
Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor

Snapshots as a tab in HTML5 vSphere client

Snapshot management is a pain in HTML5 version. Snapshots need to be put where they belong, in a separate tab with easy overview.

snapshots as a tab.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Masnakifla
Contributor
Contributor

I guess in our company, we have very special workflows, since no one is interested in thisSmiley Happy

Still, not sure why degradation in functionality in Flash -> HTML5 was called for.

0 Kudos
aejgd
Contributor
Contributor

Snapshot management in HTML5 with multiple VDI parent images is a major pain without the snapshots tab. I used to just run down the list to make sure all the parent snapshots were updated - this now requires multiple clicks to bring up a different screen where in the flash version going from one parent to the next just remains on the snapshots tab. What used to take 5 seconds now isn't even possible without navigating to a different screen. Creating, comparing, or deleting snapshots etc can be frustrating when it used to be easy - I think that the most frustrating part is that they actually reduced functionality slightly. This is also true when auditing VMs to ensure old snapshots have been removed etc....

dlmeade
Contributor
Contributor

Add another request to bring this tab back.  We periodically check for orphaned snapshots and now this task will take much longer.

rbeckwith
Contributor
Contributor

This is VERY annoying. I put off using the HTML5 version because of this but now the Flash version is not accessible so I'm forced to use HTML5. I used the snapshot tab on a daily basis in the Flash version. Please bring it back

Arvind_Kumar11
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Snapshot tab is available in HTML5 client too. I'm using vSphere 7.0 not sure if earlier versions had it.

0 Kudos
jonmkohler
Contributor
Contributor

100% agree!

0 Kudos
scottIBM
Contributor
Contributor

I avoided the HTML version for this very reason.  Reverting 100+ systems to various snapshot levels is excruciating when compared to the simplicity of the Flash version.

The HTML version is severely crippled without this feature.

0 Kudos
vbondzio
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

vCenter 7 U1 has been out for nearly 3 month. Unless there are any interoperability concerns with other software, it is time to upgrade to vSphere 7.

vbondzio_0-1613662897085.png

0 Kudos
scottIBM
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the update, I inquired on this and found out due to licensing changes in Vsphere this won't be happening any time soon.

Would be great to see this feature ported into 6.x!

0 Kudos
pdirmann01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was going to say...I'm running vCenter 7.0U1C and "Snapshots" is there. Wasn't sure what I was missing from the conversation. 🙂

0 Kudos