VMware Cloud Community
Lousyclient
Contributor
Contributor

Smart Card login not working

I have a vsphere environment running vcenter 7.0.1 and the DoD requires us to use our smart cards to log into the vsphere web client. I have gone through all the steps on the setup guide for the smart card login and am stuck at getting vsphere to read the certificates on my CAC and look at our CRLs.  I have set vsphere to look at our CRLs that are on a file share we manage but when i try to log into vsphere with my CAC i get the error "cannot validate submitted credentials" along with multiple errors in the websso.log file including "CRL validation failed. underlying reason: failed to download CRl from custom CRL URL" I have verified that the system has access to the folder in question where our CRLs are stored but it still wont connect. I have run out of ideas on what to try, any help would be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
mongo720
Contributor
Contributor

I am having this same issue in our environment, I have a ticket in with VMware hopefully they can provide some help. It doesn't help you much but your not the only one with this issue.

I suspect that for our environment the issue lie's in the Vsphere server not having access to the custom CRL location. I just haven't found a way to verify that.

I'll update if I come across a solution.

0 Kudos
TravisHouston
Contributor
Contributor

Was there any fix for this? I'm in the same boat. No mater how I configure validation, it fails.

0 Kudos