VMware Cloud Community
MuchB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Site Recovery Replication with VM using NVME Controller Fails

Dear vmware community,

I have a vsphere with site recovery setup (all updated to the latest version). When I setup a new replication for a virtual machine using a NVME controller, it fails with error:

The vSphere Replication configuration for disk with key null of the virtual machine has an issue: Replication not supported for disk type or backend.

But when I change the controller to: SCSI, the replication works fine.

Are NVME controllers not supported for site recovery VM replication jobs? Or am I maybe missing something else?

I am using NVME ssds, so I thought I would switch to NVME controllers for my VMS. But if performance is very similar on the SCSI controller. I can switch back to all SCSI controllers.

Thanks so much!

DD

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct, not supported - as per the Caveats & Limitations here: VMware vSphere Replication 8.2 Release Notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Correct, not supported - as per the Caveats & Limitations here: VMware vSphere Replication 8.2 Release Notes

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
MuchB
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you! I will switch back to SCSI for now then. Hopefully NVME controller will be supported in the near future!

0 Kudos