CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Settings all greyed out

Morning All,

Got an interesting issue at a client. I am busy setting up there hosts for HA/DRS etc. as it was never done. They are using vSphere Essentials with a VCSA. Details as follows:

• VCSA - Virtual Centre Server 6.0.0 Build 7462485
  • ESXi - ESXi 6.0.0 Build 3620759

When trying to create new virtual switches or vmk ports, everything is greyed out. I cannot make any changes to them. Any idea on why this is happening? And I am logging on with admin rights (Full).

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Are you using the web client or the fat client? Are you able to create them directly from the host? Except the networking stuff, are all the other options available?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
CraigV75
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Good afternoon Supreet,

This is using the web client. I'll try doing this directly on the host, but it will defeat the object if this is how it needs to work.

Will reply with an update.

Craig

0 Kudos
SupreetK
Commander
Commander

Are you using the default SSO admin account (administrator@vsphere.local) to login? If not, can you check it once using this account? Also, can you try the same using the fat client to the vCenter? As asked in my previous comment, are you seeing only the networking options to be grayed out or are all the options are grayed out?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos