VMware Cloud Community
bungeovy
Contributor
Contributor

Server out of service and without access to my vmware esxi 6.5 or my virtual servers installed there

Good morning with all the members of the forum.

I need your urgent help, my situation is as follows:

I have installed a vmware esxi 6.5 on a lenovo system x 3550 m5 8860 server, in which I have two virtual servers created in ubuntu, one as a domain controller and the other as a file server where all the users of my workplace keep information of utmost importance to the company.

What occurred to me is to change the hard disk of the fallen server to another hp server that obviously does not have the same characteristics or peripherals of the first server, the operating system starts and I can see the two virtual machines but it does not allow me to turn them on and it has a not accessible message, which I understand is that the resources and peripherals of this new server are not at all the same as those of the server that I have out of service.

Is there a way to get these virtual servers up on my new server ..? and if not possible, can I retrieve the information stored in the file server ... ??

I thank you in advance for your kind collaboration

0 Kudos
0 Replies