VMware Cloud Community
gkath
Contributor
Contributor

Second Administrator role and group

I have vCenter Server 7.0 that is used in a teaching environment. I have created a secondary administrator role and assigned global permissions, crated a group and added a user. All works well until I try to access under Single Sigh On,  Users and Groups, the  "Groups" area. I get the following reply "You have no privileges to view this object"

The new role has the same privileges as the Administrator role.. Even if I clone the Administrator role, I still get the same response when I try to access Groups.

The role and group have been added to global permissions and when I look at permissions on the datacenter objects, the role is defined in global permissions.

Any help with what I have missed would be a great help.

Gene

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

"Highlander - There Can Be Only One"[tm]

Some tasks only the hard coded "adminstrator@vsphere.local" can do. Other users with the role of "Administrator" doesn't have the same rights.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos
gkath
Contributor
Contributor

Joerg,

If a user is added to the Administrators group, they have the same right at the Administrator user. But if I create a new group with the same privileges as the Administrators group or clone the Administrators group, the new group does not have the same rights. If this is hard wired, is there a file or to add the rights to or a way to programmatically add the rights?

Thank You,

Gene

0 Kudos