VMware Cloud Community
ian990
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

STS leaf cert renewal

STS.jpeg

Hi gurus,

Having a slight issue with my STS leaf certs here, kind of new in this so please bear with me for a bit. How do I go about renewing the leaf cert on a vsphere 6.5? I have a balance of 60 days at the moment before it expires meanwhile the root cert still have a remaining of 8 years. What's the leaf cert for and what happens if it expires before I can have it renewed? Will there be a downtime for my vms in the process of renewing the certs? 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ian990 ,

Certain vCenter versions had STS certificate validity for 2 years. Please follow the instructions and run the script provided here --> https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76719 

Note: Please go through impact/risks for snapshot and other recommendations. 

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

View solution in original post

ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@ian990 ,

Only vCenter will be inaccessible while replacing certs and restarting services. No impact to running VMs

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi @ian990 ,

Certain vCenter versions had STS certificate validity for 2 years. Please follow the instructions and run the script provided here --> https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/76719 

Note: Please go through impact/risks for snapshot and other recommendations. 

Hope that helps

Please mark my comment as the Correct Answer/Kudos if this solution resolved your problem

ian990
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi @ashilkrishnan,

By running the script, will there be a downtime which will impact the operation of our current VMs? 

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@ian990 ,

Only vCenter will be inaccessible while replacing certs and restarting services. No impact to running VMs

ian990
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help! The steps worked fine.

0 Kudos