VMware Cloud Community
normalguy1234
Contributor
Contributor

SSL: Machine and User Cert Replacement for vCenter with External PSC

I am trying to configure the use of an SSL certificate using our Enterprise CA (MS). We are using a Windows VM for vcenter with and external PSC. I was following this KB: VMware Knowledge Base .  I just began the process of replacing the machine cert and was greeted with the following: Please Configure certool.cfg with the proper values before proceeding to next step. This makes sense as this would be the initial instance of trying to replace a cert on vcenter.

I am a little unclear on a few things and here are my questions:

1. I assume that i need to secure this for the fully qualified url of the PSC and not the vcenter server. Is that correct? In other words, one of the questions asked is: Enter the proper value of the 'Hostname'

2. One of the questions it asks is: Enter the proper value for 'Name'. What name are they referring to? 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
normalguy1234
Contributor
Contributor

To elaborate on my original question

I am starting this process from my PSC first.

1. I assume that i need to secure this for the fully qualified url of the PSC and not the vcenter server. Is that correct? In other words, one of the questions asked is: Enter the proper value of the 'Hostname' 

When configuring the CSR for vcenter, i will need to input the fqdn for the vcenter server when prompted for hostname. Correct?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos