VMware Cloud Community
gsmanigandan
Contributor
Contributor

SMTP Mail Configuration not working in Vcenter 6.0

Vcenter try send mail when alaram triggers then the message could not sent destination mail address instead of i am getting the following error,

Failed to send the mail to SMTP server 192.168.1.4 at port 25. Error=The server rejected one or more recipient addresses.

i configured mail using below the step:

Select my vCenter Server and go to Configure menu Under General, provide your Mail server and mail sender Once done, go to Advance Settings and look for mail.smtp.password and provide the value by clicking the Edit same with mail.smtp.port and set port 25 then lastly, provide the mail.smtp.username.

Also,while i tried without SMTP authentication getting the following error

503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address.

Please check your mail client settings or contact your administrator to verify that the domain or address is defined for this server.

Is this problem occurred due to SMTP or Vcenter server?

If problem in SMTP server what are the steps are need to follow or VCenter Server where i can check the mail testing.

please anyone to resolve the above issue.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
pwilk
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I doubt that it's an issue with vCenter. What is your SMTP server? Is it hosted, third-party solution such as GMail, Office365 etc. or is it your local SMTP server?

The port number 25 is an un-protected, non-SSL port which is used only by the most basic SMTP servers. It is highly possible you must change that to 465 or 587 - you might give that a go before trying anything else.

You might also check if the issue is caused by your SMTP server by simply using a different one. An example would be gmail's SMTP server which is free to use and easy to configure with vCenter https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-use-google-s-smtp-server

Cheers, Paul Wilk
0 Kudos
gsmanigandan
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Pwilk,

Thanks for reply. i am using Mail Enable, As of now i found that the problem in mail server and it has been resolved.

Also, i can receive alert mails from Vcenter Server.

Regards

Manigandan

0 Kudos