VMware Cloud Community
subcontracting
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ryzen processors support.

Hello everyone!

I use Ryzen 1800X on Gigabyte motherboard. I succesfully install VMware ESXi (vSphere Hypervisor) 6.5.0 (build 48873370) on it, but as far as i understand this version not support more than 15 cores (Ryzen has 16). Because of that i had to disable 4 cores (my motherboard support only 3+3 downcore scheme) and now i have 12 cores. Anyone knows about plans of VmWare include support of more cores in next versions of vSphere? When will be next version (update)? And second question. On ESXi web-console i can choose Help menu -> Update (Enter the URL or datastore path of the VIB below). Where i can find this link to update my version in future?

Thank you!

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First question: No one knows. It's out when it's out. You will never see a commitment to futures posted here.

Second question:  Fling site

View solution in original post

2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

First question: No one knows. It's out when it's out. You will never see a commitment to futures posted here.

Second question:  Fling site

subcontracting
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just download and install new VMware vSphere Hypervisor 6.7.0, and want to informate all users what now vSphere has full 16 core support! Excellent work and nice surprise from VMware!