VMware Cloud Community
CHJamey
Contributor
Contributor

Retrieve VM target vSphere Replication datastore information via PowerCLI(preferably) or another script\commandline method

vCenter 6 U1

ESXi 6 U1

vSphere Replication 6 without SRM

Hi all.  Just an FYI, we are not using SRM.

I have been migrating VM storage to a new storage system.   I have been seeding the VMDKs on the new datastores and then reconfiguring the replications to point to the seeded disks on the new datastores.

As a status check and audit, I would now like to check all replicated VMs and confirm that they are all pointing to the new storage system's datastores.  So I would need to list all replicated disks for each replicated VM and their replication destination datastore information. 

I have tried looking in the WebClient to get the information.  I tried using vim-cmd commands.  I tried briefly to find some information using the PowerCLI get-view command but haven't been successful.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Jamey

0 Kudos
1 Reply
panhvr
Contributor
Contributor

Use below PCLI commands to retrieve the VMDK and datastore info in each site

Get-ChildItem -Recurse -Path "vmstore:\datacentername\darastorename\"| ? { $_.Name -match "hbrdisk" } | select Name,DatastoreFullPath,LastWriteTime

Please use the datacenter name and datastore path in above command to get the complete list.

0 Kudos