VMware Cloud Community
bcoughtryeci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Resource Pool Max Limits

Author : mimartin

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.0/com.vmware.vsphere.resmgmt.doc/GUID-B99CC2F1-B303-4C3...

Topic Name : Edit a Resource Pool

Publication Name : vSphere Resource Management

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.0

Question :

I'm getting error:  maximum valid values for MHz and MB resource pool limits: 479599 MHz 3032663 MB Is there a work around for this or is this hard coded?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bcoughtryeci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For the record, I ended up opening a support case for this, and verified that Resource Pool maximum limits (without configuring 'unlimited') are calculated based on ESX Cluster resources.  So in my case, where we don't want to set 'unlimited' on the resource pool, we can either split VMs across multiple pools or add more ESX hosts to the cluster.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SupreetK
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Are you creating the resource pool on a host or cluster? What is the memory and CPU capacity of the object on which the cluster is being created? Can you share some screenshots of the same?

Cheers,

Supreet

0 Kudos
bcoughtryeci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I'm sizing up an existing resource pool in an ESX cluster with 8x esxi hosts.  Please also see attached screenshots:

0 Kudos
nirmal12
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

As we know that virtual machine or resource pool does not exceed this limit, even if resources are available. But while printing from my hp printer it reach the maximum. I don't why it is happening and my system got to hang. Whenever I try to print it happens again. I have also looked for the solution at HP Printer Support but did not get much

0 Kudos
bcoughtryeci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Perhaps your response is to the wrong thread?  I'm trying to set resource pool limits in vCenter Server, not test virtual machine resource consumption by printing.

0 Kudos
bcoughtryeci
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

For the record, I ended up opening a support case for this, and verified that Resource Pool maximum limits (without configuring 'unlimited') are calculated based on ESX Cluster resources.  So in my case, where we don't want to set 'unlimited' on the resource pool, we can either split VMs across multiple pools or add more ESX hosts to the cluster.

0 Kudos