VMware Cloud Community
Ezeli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Remove the impact of vCenter HA configuration

Author :

URL : http:////docs.vmware.com/cn/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.avail.doc/GUID-3FB5A1F3-286E-460C-...

Topic Name : 移除 vCenter HA 配置

Publication Name : vSphere 可用性

Product/Version : VMware vSphere/6.5

Question :

In the 6.5 production environment, the architecture needs to be changed. I need to remove vCenter HA. Only the master node VCSA is kept. What happens when I choose to remove vcHA (for example, ESXI host disconnected, etc.)

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can destroy vcha from command line or remove VCHA from webclient

Recovering from Isolated vCenter HA Nodes

Ideally when you remove the VCHA configuration, you need to disable the second NIC as well. I have noticed that due to bad dns or network routes, ESXi hosts will try to communicate with the second NIC which is only for VCHA network.

thanks,

MS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Alex_Romeo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi,

Follow the procedure:

Remove a vCenter HA Configuration

ARomeo

Blog: https://www.aleadmin.it/
0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can destroy vcha from command line or remove VCHA from webclient

Recovering from Isolated vCenter HA Nodes

Ideally when you remove the VCHA configuration, you need to disable the second NIC as well. I have noticed that due to bad dns or network routes, ESXi hosts will try to communicate with the second NIC which is only for VCHA network.

thanks,

MS

Ezeli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, when I deleted the second heartbeat NIC, I noticed that all ESXI hosts showed disconnection. I need to manually enter the username and password to reconnect. In theory, it should communicate with the management network of vc. So why the ESXI management network will communicate with the heartbeat network of vcHA, causing ESXI to disconnect.

PS

The process of reconnecting is painful- -!

Best Regards

Ezeli

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

What I have seen previously, if you remove second NIC.. hosts would be stable and connected back normally in few minutes.

you do not need to reconnect again

thanks,

Murali Sripada

0 Kudos
Ezeli
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I directly connected to the esxi host. In the summary information, I can see that the host is managed by the heartbeat ip vc. All hosts are disconnected in vc. It will not automatically connect back.

Best Regards

Ezeli

0 Kudos