VMware Cloud Community
dhadhabeer
Contributor
Contributor

Recent Task is not visible/empty on VCSA 6.7 though the running task can be viewed using PowerCLI command ( get-task) , any bug on current VCSA 6.7 version related to task

Recent Task is not visible on VCSA 6.7 though the running task can be viewed using PowerCLI command ( get-task) , any bug on current VCSA version related to task.

I am connecting vsphere web client through chrome , any browser compatibility to use VCSA 6.7 .

Kindly assist me on this case.

thanks

0 Kudos
14 Replies
MartinGustafsso
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do you have any extensions installed for Chrome? Have you tried a different browser or a private browsing session without any extensions?

0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

IIRC we see the same/simlar problem on VCSA 6.5 or/and 6.7.  After Login you are able to see the rescent tasks and after quite some time the list isnt updated any more and you dont see any other taks/event. User always have administrator right.... IIRC we mostly see in on HTML5 Client rather than WebClient.

No solution yet.. but didnt invest further.

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
dhadhabeer
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Martin for your reply

Looks like after resetting the default setting on vsphere web client, it was showed the recent task history (running /completed)

As you said, i'll look on the extension part in chrome and update you by tomorrow.

Thanks

DHADHA

0 Kudos
srkrvm
Contributor
Contributor

Stop and start vSphere-UI service in vcenter appliance through putty/SSH.

service-control --stop vsphere-ui

service-control --start vsphere-ui

scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This thread is more than 1 year old.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
tactical64
Contributor
Contributor

a simple fix is: in vSphere Web Client HTML5, click your username at the top, such as administrator@vsphere.local, choose switch theme

this will allow the Recent Tasks / Alarms to appear again, the upup arrows in the right corner will be there

gparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, switching theme did the trick for me, thanks very much 🙂

0 Kudos
gparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stopping and starting the service fixed it for me 🙂 I'm running vSphere 7.0-U1 with the HTML5 web-client.

0 Kudos
ManuelJSerrano
Contributor
Contributor

I´ve restarted the VMware vSphere Client service directly from VCSA, not by SSH, and it works for me

jawadabutt
Contributor
Contributor

Zooming out in chrome made the double arrow on the right and Recent Tasks option visible. 

ChadAnderson
Contributor
Contributor

This was it for me!

0 Kudos
payneta
Contributor
Contributor

The zoom out trick solved it for me as well!

0 Kudos
vtparker
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler

0 Kudos
vtparker
Contributor
Contributor

So maybe vmware should fix it then....

0 Kudos