VMware Cloud Community
sp33dKiLL
Contributor
Contributor

RVTools Heartbeat column meaning

Hello,

Yesterday I pulled a RVtools report from our customers vsphere. I noticed that on the first tab, vInfo column Heartbeat there is showing different colors alert for every vm, many of them showing red, but also yellow, gray and green, Is there anything I should be concerned about?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Page 7 of the Documentation PDF here: https://www.robware.net/rvtools/

Here's an explanation: RVTools updated to 2.9.5 | Yellow Bricks

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sp33dKiLL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks, i have seen that, but "the entity definively has a problem" does not say a lot to me. what is exactly the meaning of that? and on the other alerts?

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Perhaps you missed the second link I posted:

Screenshot 2020-04-28 at 09.17.56.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
sp33dKiLL
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

yes, i checked it, but for the red one, it doesnt make sense because i checked a vm that has the the red alarm tag and is working fine, it even has vmware tools installed.

0 Kudos