VMware Cloud Community
Nawals
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Question about vSphere 7 with Kubernetes

Following questions related to vSphere 7 with Kubernetes.

1.  Is Kubernetes part of ESXI or Is its come with bundle? I‘m not see an option to enable and have that configured. Is it come with VCF?

2. Is the vsphere VM objects in the Vsphere 7 are containers henceforth

3. Can  assign the same VM configurations like VDS switch on the VM like on Vsphere VM objects on the Containers to

4. How many containers can I host on a normal ESX with

5. Is this available with single node as well, What the cluster specifications?

6. Is there any vmware docs with Kubernetes to help to build Kubernetes cluster and container.

NKS Please Mark Helpful/correct if my answer resolve your query.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

1.  Is Kubernetes part of ESXI or Is its come with bundle? I‘m not see an option to enable and have that configured. Is it come with VCF?

It's built into ESXi and vCenter. You can only acquire the add-on license as part of VCF.

This question doesn't make sense in English. If you're asking about the so-called "native pods" or "vSphere pods" those are Kubernetes pods, not containers.

3. Can  assign the same VM configurations like VDS switch on the VM like on Vsphere VM objects on the Containers to

Again, this doesn't make sense in English so I don't know what you're asking. As stated in the answer to #2, Kubernetes runs pods, not containers. The native/vSphere pods you see when workloads run on the supervisor cluster are not containers.

See previous answers. Kubernetes runs pods, not containers. For Pod maximums, see the config max tool. Some specifics relating to native pods are as follows

pastedImage_4.png

Also, "ESX" and "ESXi" are two totally different hypervisors. Do not say "ESX" any more, especially when referring to vSphere 7 with Kubernetes.

No, cluster minimum supported size for the supervisor is three hosts.

6. Is there any vmware docs with Kubernetes to help to build Kubernetes cluster and container.

Did you do any basic searches yourself? If so, you probably would have seen at least the official documentation.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It's built into ESXi and vCenter. You can only acquire the add-on license as part of VCF.

This question doesn't make sense in English. If you're asking about the so-called "native pods" or "vSphere pods" those are Kubernetes pods, not containers.

Again, this doesn't make sense in English so I don't know what you're asking. As stated in the answer to #2, Kubernetes runs pods, not containers. The native/vSphere pods you see when workloads run on the supervisor cluster are not containers.

See previous answers. Kubernetes runs pods, not containers. For Pod maximums, see the config max tool. Some specifics relating to native pods are as follows

pastedImage_4.png

Also, "ESX" and "ESXi" are two totally different hypervisors. Do not say "ESX" any more, especially when referring to vSphere 7 with Kubernetes.

No, cluster minimum supported size for the supervisor is three hosts.

Did you do any basic searches yourself? If so, you probably would have seen at least the official documentation.

0 Kudos