VMware Cloud Community
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Purpose of the following services and do they need to be running? mbcs VMware Message Bus Configuration Service, vmware-network-coredump, and vmwareNetworkCoredumpWebserver

I am trying to hunt down an issue I am having with getting my vCenter endpoint added to our new VRA setup.  Through the process I have looked into the services running on the vCenter server and noticed a few that were stopped and wanted to get a better understanding of what issues these services might cause if they remain stopped.  The services in questions are: mbcs VMware Message Bus Configuration Service, vmware-network-coredump, and vmwareNetworkCoredumpWebserver.  Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You wouldn't need these services to add vC as an endpoint to vRA.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

What is the issue you're having with your vSphere endpoint in vRA?

0 Kudos
Vijay2027
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

You wouldn't need these services to add vC as an endpoint to vRA.

0 Kudos
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

So right now I am just trying to add a vCenter server instance.  I was having some issues getting my vCenter endpoint to work correctly and noticed there were two variation of the same vCenter server instance.  I removed them both but now when I try to add an instance through the workflow in orchestrator if fails and says: Connection validation failed exception There is problem with the specified PBM service at URL:https://...  Error message: Unexpected status code:503.  Thanks

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Then it sounds like you're having an issue adding a vCenter instance to vRO and not as an endpoint to vRA. This may need to go in the vRO forum if that's the case. Show the workflow and values you're providing, please.

0 Kudos
improvingdaily
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Yeah I know this is not the right forum for this issue now as it appears the original questions has been answered.  So I will repost the issue I am still having in the other forum.

0 Kudos