VMware Cloud Community
budbanq
Contributor
Contributor

Problems starting Windows 10 guest operating system

Hello,

I am working with Vcenter 6 standard, using vsphere  version 6.70 build 147 92544 on a hypervisor VMware ESXi, 6.5.0, 10884925.

I have a windows 10 professional build 1903 installed as the guest operating system .

The problem is this guest machine machine takes 2 hours to boot.

There is nothing special with this virtual machine - 80 gig hard drive, one partition, drive C.

I did have some snapshots, but have deleted them.

I also cloned the machnie and same issue.

While booting, I can connect via network share to the 'C' drive (\\computername\c$)

Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Where is the vm stored, if its in a vmfs 6 datatore and you have a vmfs 5 datastore, there is a bug that just got fixed recently you could be running into.

0 Kudos
budbanq
Contributor
Contributor

The VM's storage is on a VMFS  6 datastore, and the VM itself is ESXi 6.5 and later (VM version 13) compatible.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Do they have snapshots?

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
budbanq
Contributor
Contributor

They did, but I deleted them. It was happening with the snapshots, so I am trying without them.

Same issue. Continuously boots and never gets to windows logon screen. Just a black page with the dots turning in a circle (this used to be the hourglass on previous versions of windows)

0 Kudos
SrVMwarer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Make sure that you have that VM backed up, change your SCSI controller to VMware PVSCSI [VMware tools] must be installed.

Open a case with Microsoft it's a must they can at least isolate if it's not a VMware issue or not, I have doubt around MS, have you installed any MS patches recently?

Regards, İlyas
0 Kudos