VMware Cloud Community
Scott4015
Contributor
Contributor

Problems Sharing Datastore To Multiple Hosts

I am trying to share a datastore to multiple hosts. I unmounted it and tried to remount, but it still shows the same host and I do not see an option to add another host to it.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
lucasbernadsky
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Scott. Try rescanning HBAs on all hosts VMware Knowledge Base​​.​

If that doesn't solve your problem, try restarting management services (SSH into ESXi and run "restart services.sh" command) on evert ESXi host and try again

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

What kind of shared storage do you use (iSCSI/FC/NAS)?

What basically need to be done on the storage system, is to present the LUN to the hosts which are supposed to see/use it.

André

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
khiregange
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

from the Description I can understand - > I unmounted it and tried to remount, but it still shows the same host

If you are trying this on the local datastore (DAS) to another host  then that is not possible.

if you are using the SAN and you have mapped the LUN only to this host . To resolve this - >

you need to go to the storage array console

map the LUN to the desired host

perform the rescan the storage at cluster / on all the host.

depping
Leadership
Leadership

What kind of storage system is it?

0 Kudos