VMware Cloud Community
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PowerCLI - Command to disable CEIP on VMHost

Hi,

Is there a way to disable the CEIP on the VMHost using PowerCLI?

I found a lot of sites saying how can I disable it on PowerCLI, but what about on the host?

The first time you access a VMHost using the web client, appears a box asking if you want to participate on the CEIP.

Att, Vandrey Trindade
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GaryJBlake
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you stumble on this post like I did, the Set-VmHostAdvancedConfiguration cmdlet throws a warning that its deprecated and that the Set-AdvancedSetting cmdlet should be used instead. This can be achieved using the following syntax:

Get-AdvancedSetting -Entity $esxiHostname -Name UserVars.HostClientCEIPOptIn | Set-AdvancedSetting -Value 2 -Confirm:$false

View solution in original post

5 Replies
peetz
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi Vandrey,

this setting is controlled by the Hosts' advanced setting parameter

UserVars.HostClientCEIPOptIn

that has the possible values 0 (ask me), 1 (yes) and 2 (no)

With PowerCLI you can set this option like this

Get-VMHost <ESXi-Hostname-Or-IP> | Set-VmHostAdvancedConfiguration -Name UserVars.HostClientCEIPOptIn -Value 2

- Andreas

Twitter: @VFrontDe, @ESXiPatches | https://esxi-patches.v-front.de | https://vibsdepot.v-front.de
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot peetz​!

Att, Vandrey Trindade
0 Kudos
HarjitSB
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is there any PowerCLI command to check the CEIP on vCenter

0 Kudos
vandreytrindade
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

HarjitSB​,

Hi! Try this:

Get-AdvancedSetting -Entity <vCenter> -Name VirtualCenter.DataCollector.ConsentData | Format-Table -Wrap

That is the setting (at least the description says so).

Att, Vandrey Trindade
0 Kudos
GaryJBlake
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

If you stumble on this post like I did, the Set-VmHostAdvancedConfiguration cmdlet throws a warning that its deprecated and that the Set-AdvancedSetting cmdlet should be used instead. This can be achieved using the following syntax:

Get-AdvancedSetting -Entity $esxiHostname -Name UserVars.HostClientCEIPOptIn | Set-AdvancedSetting -Value 2 -Confirm:$false