VMware Cloud Community
JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Portgroup for Network Adapter 1 error

I replaced drives in my machine and decided to start over.

It is weird... I can create one vm but no more... not sure what I am not doing right...

any guidance appreciated.. heading out with family so will be on later...

The portgroup for Network adapter 1, VM Network, could not be found. It has been assigned to VM Network.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes. So you're saying you can only join one VM to the "VM Network" port group, but no more? Have you tried a different browser? Edge is not supported. Are you still running 6.7 on this host or 6.5 now?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You'll have to show some screenshots of your situation. The description is not much to go on.

0 Kudos
JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I don't know what you want to see...

I can create a vm.. just one without problems...

I try to create a second.. and I get..

0 Kudos
JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No Ideas from screenshots?

ive tried even installing 6.5 and have same issue. I am lost..

I don't know much about VMware as I use it just to do a dev environment. Wonder how to create a new port group, etc.. going to add a dual nic in my machine and see what happens if I try to add another network setup...

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Can you show your switch topology?

0 Kudos
JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

is this what your asking for?

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Yes. So you're saying you can only join one VM to the "VM Network" port group, but no more? Have you tried a different browser? Edge is not supported. Are you still running 6.7 on this host or 6.5 now?

0 Kudos
JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

well im using Edge at work and has been working great. Powered machine off so powering it back on. if that is it.. if ie or chrome works.. tisk on me..

but yes.. I was able to add one VM and it works... try and add a second and I get that message...

JesterJeff69
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

OMG.. working in Chrome... sheeze… gonna go hide my head now. My work is running Win10 1607 Enterprise and home is running Win10 Pro 1803...

ustoopia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I know this topic is dated but Google brought me here as it was the number 1 result for my search on the error message mentioned in the original post.

I found the solution on reddit that worked for me and it's simpler as you might expect. Refreshing the page in your browser (in my case Firefox) actually solved this issue.