VMware Cloud Community
coopersmith77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Phantom Skyline Health Warning?

I have an on-premise VMware vCenter environment.  I have three ESXi hosts in a clustered configuration.  The hosts, vSphere client, and vCenter server are all running 6.7u3 with the most recent patches applied.  All three hosts are on the same rack attached to the same top of rack Cisco Nexus switch.  In Skyline Health for my data center, under Network Health Checks, I am getting this warning:  "ESXi host connectivity with vCenter Server".  The info under this warning is explaining that my vCenter server is not getting the UDP heartbeat messages from one or more of the ESXi hosts.  (It would be more useful if it would tell me which host(s) the vCenter server isn't getting timely heartbeats from.)  I have hit the "Retest" button at least once per day and this warning consistently appears.

However this is the ONLY health check that is reporting this warning.  The Skyline Health Network Health Checks for all of the hosts don't report this issue.  I've checked the Network Monitor history for all of the hosts and the vCenter server multiple times per day and I don't see any clue that would lead me to believe the network is congested.  I also have vRealize Operations Manager 7.5 installed.  It does not report any network trouble.  I've also activated Skyline Advisor for my environment.  It also gives no indication that the network is congested.

Are there other ways to figure out if this warning is actually happening or not?

If so, what are they and how do I apply them to my environment?

4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Moved to vSphere

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
KocPawel
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I have it too Smiley Happy

Not solved yet, so if anyone knows what can be a root cause of that, please help.

0 Kudos
coopersmith77
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

KocPawel​ - I've talked to a couple of other community members who are also experiencing this problem. See this discussion: ESXi host connectivity with vCenter Server Right now it looks like you can either ignore the warning or edit the vCenter server to wait 120 minutes rather than 60.

BB9193
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am also having the issue.

0 Kudos