VMware Cloud Community
FalconG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Permission - role in Vcenter a Virtual machine

Hi all, sorry for basic questation. I have trouble with role in the Virtual Machine. We have group for administer all vcenter, and in active direcotry he hane group for administer  operating system . I try add this group from AD to Virtual machine user role. But in this groups is users from global administer group. After assign this role this users lost permission to virtual machine object. User role is assigned to virtual machiner, global role is inherit. existis solution how global role is prefered, or I must add admin role to every machine ?

thanx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimSheppard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you get stuck with permissions with vSphere, one of the best sources of info is chapter 2 of the security guide here...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-67-security-guide.pdf

There are even a couple of videos in there that help even more explain how it all works.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
harry89
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Please provide proper details along with screenshot so that we can assist you .

Question is not completely clear

Harry
VCIX-DCV6.5 ,VCIX-NV6 , VCAP-CMA7
Mark answer as correct/helpful if it solves your query
0 Kudos
FalconG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

in virtal machine i have assigned two roles.  one inherited and second directly assigned to virtaul machine. the user is in both roles. But permission from inherited role is replaced from directly assigned role.... Admin(inherited) user lost permission. is replaced from directly assigned role... exist solution how combine permission from roles ? inherited and directly assigned ?

0 Kudos
TimSheppard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you get stuck with permissions with vSphere, one of the best sources of info is chapter 2 of the security guide here...

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.7/vsphere-esxi-vcenter-server-67-security-guide.pdf

There are even a couple of videos in there that help even more explain how it all works.

0 Kudos
FalconG
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

thanx i create new group and assign this directly.

0 Kudos