VMware Cloud Community
dvz7
Contributor
Contributor

PSOD when upgrade ESXi 6.0.0u2 to 6.5.0u2 NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/vmkernel/hardware/pci/pciScan.c:1608

Hi, communities,

Get PSOD when triyng to upgrade my home lab-server from ESXi 6.0.0 U2 (Build 3825889) to 6.5.0 U2 build 8294253 (last version, that supports Xeon-L5430)

After "esxcli software profile update" i'm rebooting system as required and getting PSOD, when its loading on stage "Initializing scheduler..."

with next error message:

NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/vmkernel/hardware/pci/pciScan.c:1608

The same behavior on "clean" install from ISO.

For troubleshoot - I've disconnected and switched off (in a BIOS) all possible PCI devices and changed a grafic card to PCIe-16x.

Situation doesn't changed.

Googling "pciScan.c" gave no results, also as searching over communities.vmware.com  and  kb.vmware.com

A screenshot of PSOD on bottom if it can helps...

Please help to find a way to identify problem device and solve a problem or find some workaround.

Thanks in advance.

System hardware:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35C-DS3R

CPU Xeon L5430 @ 2.66GHz

RAM: 8Gb DDR2-800 (Micron)

NIC1: integrated Realtek r8168 (working with CommunitySupported driver net55-r8168 last ver.8.045a-napi)

NIC2: PCIe Intel EXPI9301ct

Old PCI VGA grafic card ATI 3D Rage-II (only for system start and debug).

20190531_023751.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Reply
dvz7
Contributor
Contributor

I've tryied to use "Runecast" Analyzer (Runecast | Software-defined expertise | Proactive analysis ) to determine a problem component,

but for Runecast to work it communicates through the vCenter, if the hosts are not managed by a vCenter you won't be able to connect them to the appliance.

I'm using standalone ESXi host and unfortunately, while conneting to my ESXi host, i've recieved a message like: "Runecast can't connect to ESXi hosts. Try to connect to vCenter host."

0 Kudos