VMware Cloud Community
VMwareCTO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Open Case: Computing Resources Combined via a Resource pool inherits from a Cluster interesting

Hi gurus, one of my friends wants to buy two servers ( each is 32GB of RAM )  he asked me to install and configure for him ESXi on both servers and Create a cluster and a resource pool that get all the cluster resources ( The two servers ) combined, then he said if you create a VM for me I can use 64GB of RAM.

And now he can run his Application freely leveraging 64GB of RAM. 64 per second.

How that is right, I told him I am gonna post a thread and learn more on that since I am  still learning some new cool stuff, from my side I told him resource pools can expand surely but a single VM can be served by a single Node at a time.

I hope you help us, many thanks in Advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You are correct, a resource pool does not magically "glue" aggregate resources from all hosts into a single object which can be consumed by a single VM. A given VM is constrained by the maximum amount of physical memory addressable by the ESXi host on which it is running.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You are correct, a resource pool does not magically "glue" aggregate resources from all hosts into a single object which can be consumed by a single VM. A given VM is constrained by the maximum amount of physical memory addressable by the ESXi host on which it is running.

0 Kudos
VMwareCTO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Many thanks to you

0 Kudos