Contributor
Contributor

OVF file deployment issue (from workstation to ESXi)

Jump to solution

Hello dear experts, I need your help with an issue I came across with an OVF file copying from a VMware workstation to an ESXi host:
From an Ubuntu 18.04 PC, running VMware workstation 15.5.2, I made an OVF file of a virtual machine running Linux based IOS, I copied this file to an ESXi VM running on vSphere client version 6.7.0, here I selected the option "Deploy OVF Template..."
(the client is running on Microsoft edge browser), I saw the process as started but after some seconds it brocked out and got the attached error snapshots, I am not sure about what is this about, could you help me to determine what could be the reason for this error, please? Thanks in advance for your help.

cmurillo2_0-1605914190188.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your Reply at the end of the day the issue was related to the browser for the vClient, first I was using Internet explorer and then I tried with Firefox, in his way the job worked fine without any break and completing the process, and finally I got the VM installed.

Thanks and regards

Cesar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Not directly addressing the issue at hand but since you are using Workstation Pro, you should be able to connect to the ESXi server (from File menu -> Connect to Server...) using Workstation Pro and use the Upload (VM menu -> Manage -> Upload). In the background, the upload uses the OVFTool.

0 Kudos
Leadership
Leadership

@cmurillo2 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions, topic not specific to "Automation Tools"

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your Reply at the end of the day the issue was related to the browser for the vClient, first I was using Internet explorer and then I tried with Firefox, in his way the job worked fine without any break and completing the process, and finally I got the VM installed.

Thanks and regards

Cesar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos