VMware Cloud Community
cmurillo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

OVF file deployment issue (from workstation to ESXi)

Hello dear experts, I need your help with an issue I came across with an OVF file copying from a VMware workstation to an ESXi host:
From an Ubuntu 18.04 PC, running VMware workstation 15.5.2, I made an OVF file of a virtual machine running Linux based IOS, I copied this file to an ESXi VM running on vSphere client version 6.7.0, here I selected the option "Deploy OVF Template..."
(the client is running on Microsoft edge browser), I saw the process as started but after some seconds it brocked out and got the attached error snapshots, I am not sure about what is this about, could you help me to determine what could be the reason for this error, please? Thanks in advance for your help.

cmurillo2_0-1605914190188.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cmurillo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your Reply at the end of the day the issue was related to the browser for the vClient, first I was using Internet explorer and then I tried with Firefox, in his way the job worked fine without any break and completing the process, and finally I got the VM installed.

Thanks and regards

Cesar

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
bluefirestorm
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Not directly addressing the issue at hand but since you are using Workstation Pro, you should be able to connect to the ESXi server (from File menu -> Connect to Server...) using Workstation Pro and use the Upload (VM menu -> Manage -> Upload). In the background, the upload uses the OVFTool.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@cmurillo2 

Moderator: Moved to vSphere Discussions, topic not specific to "Automation Tools"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
cmurillo2
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your Reply at the end of the day the issue was related to the browser for the vClient, first I was using Internet explorer and then I tried with Firefox, in his way the job worked fine without any break and completing the process, and finally I got the VM installed.

Thanks and regards

Cesar

0 Kudos