VMware Cloud Community
W001fer
Contributor
Contributor

OVF Deployment error

Hello,

I'm facing a really weird and odd issue trying to deploy an OVA/OVF template via vcenter interface (HTML5). Each time I try to perform this there is an error

"Failed to deploy OVF package. ThrowableProxy.cause A general system error occurred: Transfer failed: The OVF descriptor is not available."

And there are some more weird things:

1. The issue appears only if I login to my VCenter using its FQDN, it's being deployed well using its IP address

2. If I try to deploy this template directly to the ESXi host it's working well despite of if I connect via FQDN or IP

The ESXi version is 6.7.0, 14320388, the VCenter version is 6.7.0.46000. I have all the root CA certificates imported to a local trusted root on my PC - doesn't help. And of course it is a workaround to be logged on by IP and deploy these images but I'd like to find a final solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Sounds like a DNS issue or something with VC FQDN, Have you changed the dns server on vcsa and tried to redeploy?

thanks,

Murali 

0 Kudos
W001fer
Contributor
Contributor

Murali,

Thank you for the response! Not sure if it is a DNS issue if only you do mean VC should be able to resolve its own name (or name of a subordinate ESXi host) via DNS. In this case I'd need to point them both on the DNS server handling the zone they belong to.

0 Kudos
msripada
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

DNS resolution should be end to end .. local machine to VCSA to ESXi host 

thanks,

MS

0 Kudos