VMware Cloud Community
remoniz2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Not Getting any Support from Support

On 5/20/2023 I purchased  

VMware vSphere 8 Essentials for 1 processor and VMware vCenter Server 8 Essentials for vSphere 8  with a three year support term and when I went to try and get support  it says I have no No products available, so I can not get any support request open and I can not get in touched with a real person to tell them my issue. Problem was report on Friday when at least I had the VMware Workstation 17 still active. but that was only a 30 support term that ended on Monday. Bottom line worst support ever!! If I could rated VMware support on this page, the won't even rate a half star!!!!! Very upset, I paid extra for the three year support and so far got none 

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

vSphere Essentials is usually sold just with subscription (free updates/upgrades for number of years), but not with support. Please double-check your order. You can however purchase per incident support if needed.

That said, you are welcome to ask other users for help here in VMTN. In many cases issues can be solved without the need to pay for vendor support.

André

View solution in original post

IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Ok.. i can see the frustration about that... but you only paying 60,- bucks per year.... for the software Subscription (Patches and new Version for free) and in the 60,- there is no support included.  The vSphere Essentials is the one and only product in vSphere where you dont need (and can) to buy "support".
IIRC they charged you for something like 1,3 or 5 incidents per year which needs to buy prior.

Take a look to https://store-us.vmware.com/per-incident-support-vsphere-hypervisor-284363500.html

Regards,
Joerg

View solution in original post

4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

vSphere Essentials is usually sold just with subscription (free updates/upgrades for number of years), but not with support. Please double-check your order. You can however purchase per incident support if needed.

That said, you are welcome to ask other users for help here in VMTN. In many cases issues can be solved without the need to pay for vendor support.

André

IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Ok.. i can see the frustration about that... but you only paying 60,- bucks per year.... for the software Subscription (Patches and new Version for free) and in the 60,- there is no support included.  The vSphere Essentials is the one and only product in vSphere where you dont need (and can) to buy "support".
IIRC they charged you for something like 1,3 or 5 incidents per year which needs to buy prior.

Take a look to https://store-us.vmware.com/per-incident-support-vsphere-hypervisor-284363500.html

Regards,
Joerg

depping
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Please let us know what the problem is, plenty of people here that may be able to help you move forward.

0 Kudos
remoniz2000
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

0 Kudos