VMware Cloud Community
MaBoNi82
Contributor
Contributor

No network on VMs after powerfailure

I have a couple of old ESXi hosts running 6.7.0 Update 3 (Build 19195723). They were connected to a vCenter, but as this was just my lab, I had a power failure, and now I'm unable to get my VMs up and running again. Or... They get powered on, and I can use the browser console to log in, but they don't have any network

The vCenter also has issues - simply not showing any hosts, but it has network as I can access it through browser:

MaBoNi82_0-1656091233793.png

The funny thing is I have one VM, which is working perfectly. An Ubuntu webserver. I have checked the network settings and port groups and all VMs have the same settings. On boot they stops here and waits:

MaBoNi82_1-1656091884702.png

Afterward simply no network.

I have also tried creating a new VM but no network. I have checked the ESXi host themselves, and they have the network, but nothing for the VMs. Except for the single working one...

Any ideas on what I can do? And just for info... Not the vmWare genius here 😉

0 Kudos
1 Reply
compdigit44
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You could check to see if the file system is corrupt on the vcsa by using the following artile: https://codenotary.com/blog/vmware-vcenter-server-appliance-vcsa-filesystem-is-damaged/

0 Kudos