VMware Cloud Community
Podmark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No data after failed drive on spanned array replaced

I had a datastore that spanned 2 RAID5 arrays on an external enclosure connected via an HP P431 adapter. The other day, a drive fails and the array goes offline. So I replace the failed drive and according to the HP tools the array rebuilt without errors. Once ESXi 6.5 is back online, I check the datastore, which now shows active again and properly spanned, but the VMDK that was stored on there is missing. The odd thing is that it still shows the same amount of space being used before the drive failed (9.09 / 9.1TB used) as if it's still there. I even checked the console and "df -h" shows the same amount of storage being used but no files, other than normal ones are present on the datastore. The folder that stored the VMDK, the only folder that was on there, is now missing. Does anyone have any ideas? The data isn't super critical but I'd sure as heck like to get it back if I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

try to contact continuum​. He might be able to help.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Welcome to the Community,

try to contact continuum​. He might be able to help.

André

0 Kudos
Podmark
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I will post in the "VMDK Doctors" topic and seek help there, thank you for the suggestion!

0 Kudos