VMware Cloud Community
reseauextremit
Contributor
Contributor

No WEB UI ESXi - 503 Service Unavailable

Hello,

I have a problem on my vSphere infrastructure, one of my ESXi is no longer responding on the WEB interface and moreover it is no longer connected to my vCenter.

The virtual machines are fine, but I would like to regain access to my WEB UI so that my ESXi can reconnect to my vCenter.

The WEB ui error is: 503 Service Unavailable (Failed to connect to endpoint: [N7Vmacore4Http16LocalServiceSpecE:0x000000b485b0b6f0] _serverNamespace = / action = Allow _port = 8309)

I've already tried restarting the management and sh services, but every time I restart the services in question I get these messages popping up:
/usr/lib/vmware/hostd/bin/upgrade-ntp.conf.sh: line 42: can't create /tmp/ntp.conf.tmp.107019141: No space left on device
diff: can't stat '/tmp/ntp.conf.tmp.107019141': No such file or directory

Could this have something to do with my WEB UI and vcenter connection problems?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

According to the error message on your screenshot, best to review disk space on the 100% used device. You might be able to delete some logfiles under VAR or VSANtraces folder.

0 Kudos
reseauextremit
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your reply,

I emptied the logs in the var folder a bit but it changed almost nothing and there is nothing in the vSANtraces folder.

However in the tmp folder of the 100% full partition I have ams-bbUsg.txt (see screenshot) to be relatively large.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

0 Kudos
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Solution to your issue can be found here:

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/78595 

To work around this issue, clear the ams-bbUsg.txt file contents:
1/ Connect to affected host through SSH session.
2/ List the files in /tmp using du -sh *
3/ Empty the ams-bbUsg.txt file with this command: echo > ams-bbUsg.txt
0 Kudos
reseauextremit
Contributor
Contributor

I've just done the operation you gave me and it doesn't change anything.

Here's what I have in the correct VAR directory on my full partition (see screenshot).
I have in my VAR directory another core directory which is 112.6M named "pyhton-zdumb.000".

I've just done the operation you gave me and it doesn't change anything.

Can I delete it or is it important?

0 Kudos
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unless he files are needed for further troubleshooting/investigation you can delete them. The files are created in case of an error. They are not in use and not needed for the ESX host or the VM's to operate and can be deleted without shutting down anything

0 Kudos
reseauextremit
Contributor
Contributor

Despite all the manipulations, it still doesn't work.
No partition of my ESXi is 100% full and when I restart the hostd service the problem persists, the WEB UI interface does not initialize....

0 Kudos
Gizzie
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos