VMware Cloud Community
IdahoTech
Contributor
Contributor

No Hypervisor Found

Hello Everyone,

OK, I am at a loss here. I have looked for this online and found it very sporadically. Here is what I have I know it is a old system and I may be up the creek, but need to ask

I have a VMware Esxi system and when I rebooted it yesterday it came up with

BANK5: not a VMware boot bank

No Hypervisor found.

Now of course I go into panic mode and even though it is not a critical server it is housing my website we were moving to, dhcp- which I installed on a new vm so we are good there, my FOG imaging server and something else but I cannot remember, but know it is somewhat critical to have...anyway I digress....

From what I saw online and could make out what to do this is what I have done...

I have two USB drives one I installed with 5.5 and my orginal was 5.1 ud3. So that may not be right...

I installed the new 5.5 on the usb and booted up, set it up with the right IP etc...

Then I searched for the data store and added it telling it to keep instead of update. Another thing that may not be rightly done...

Now I have a mchine that shows in my stoarage area loading....and loading....

My question is am I up the creek? Or can I reload Esxi on the system. When I tried once with the newer version I made it check the system and it said in one spot Previous Hypervisor installed and it said no....so can I install the new one? Reinstall the same version that was on there?

Is this a easy fix or as I say I am up the creek without a paddle and holes in the canoe.?

I know this is a older version but someone must have run into this...please I would like to get my VM's at least moved to a new system....Can I reload the Esxi on the same system without wiping the VMFS store? Should I install the same Esxi to a USB and boot with that instead of the newer version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...This is one of those things where you feel your heart in your shoes and I am slowly loosing my mind......help?

"i'd like to know why well educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living-" -John Wayne
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
RajeevVCP4
Expert
Expert

Please check this

VMware Knowledge Base

Rajeev Chauhan
VCIX-DCV6.5/VSAN/VXRAIL
Please mark help full or correct if my answer is use full for you
0 Kudos