VMware Cloud Community
RomanGalchinsky
Contributor
Contributor

Network connection of host1 to LAN through host2

Greetings!

Is it possible to make switching between 2 standalone vsphere hosts without L2-hardware? We have 2 vsphere hosts. Host1 have first connection(vmnic0+vswitch1) to our LAN, and second connection(vmnik1) to host2. Host2 has no connections any more. How can i create connection between host2 and LAN through

host1? Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
vembutech1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Do you meant to say host2 is not connected to LAN physically ?. Each host must have a vSwitch connected to the physical NIC for external communcation.

0 Kudos
RomanGalchinsky
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, i mean that host2 has one connection to host1 and hasnt a connection to LAN(only host1 has) and i wanna see host2 in broadcast domain with host1 and LAN. When I add the second vmnic(host1-host2) to a virtual switch with first vminc(host1-LAN)  I lose access to all VMs of this vSwitch.

pastedImage_0.png

P.S Sorry for my "perfomance" Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
vembutech1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

No. vmnic1 on ESXi host1 can't communicate vmnic0 on ESXi host2 directly. Since both are separate ESXi and has standard switch configuration. If you want to to connect both these vmnic1 and vmnic0 on each hosts, both should be on distributed switch, and is managed by a vCenter server.

0 Kudos