VMware Cloud Community
Alexis591
Contributor
Contributor

Need to do a LAG on my vsphere

Hello everyone, I have an error message when I try to deploy a LAG (LAG Link Aggregation) on my vsphere for my ESXi.
"The host 192.168.32.204 does not have a license for the VDS function (vSphere Distributed Switch), a function which is included as a base, however (my VDS have been correctly configured), so if I was able to configure them it is that the license is active.

However, I have a vSphere 7 Essentials Plus license for each of my servers. I have 2 Esxi hosts connected to my vsphere, while the "vSphere 7 Essentials Plus license" allows 3 ....

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need vSphere Enterprise Plus licenses for your hosts to use a Distributed Switch, see page 2: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/vsphere/vmw-edition-compa...

I've also reported your thread so moderators know it should be moved to the vSphere area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Alexis591
Contributor
Contributor

not over solution for similar to lag? included in (vSphere 7 Essentials Plus)

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

With Standard Switches you can use NIC teaming, read more here: https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/7.0/com.vmware.vsphere.networking.doc/GUID-4D97C749-1FFD-4...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
irigoyen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

With „vSphere 7 Essentials Plus” you don’t have the Distributed Switch (required for LAG) feature. The limitation is on the Host itself, not on the vCenter. On your print screen you see that your Host are not compatible, that’s mean they don’t have the required license

0 Kudos