VMware Cloud Community
f1racr
Contributor
Contributor

NVIDIA Tesla P4 and vSGA

Hi all,

I'm clearly missing something here.   I just want to be able to install the latest NVIDIA drivers for our Tesla P4 cards (running ESXi 6.7 U2) but I can't find the driver downloads anywhere.   Everyone talks about the .VIB but I can't see where to get it from.

NVIDIA have a download on their site for ESXi 6.5 but then they seem to go dead.  

I can see there is an enterprise section of the website for people with licences for GRID and other such CPU solutions wanting to do dedicated GPU stuff, but I just want to do vSGA............so I need to register via the enterprise site for a trial and then extract the driver from that ?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
CorySmith78
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever get any drivers for this?

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi@f1racr and @CorySmith78 

You need to have a Nvidia Login where you will be able to download the driver for vSphere 6.5, 6.7 and 7.0. If you are unable to find the download I can support.

Daniel

0 Kudos
rdoron
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a while but where can I find the drivers?

regrads

ron

0 Kudos
pieroantonio884
Contributor
Contributor

Where can you find these drivers. I can not access the nvidia Site. 

0 Kudos
stadi13
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You need to have or create a Nvidia Account. For all newer GPUs a licensing server is required too. The account is mapped to those subscriptions.

All required steps are found here: Installing and configuring the NVIDIA VIB on ESXi (2033434) (vmware.com)

Please send me a DM for the required files.

0 Kudos
DCasota
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Yes, you need register on the NVIDIA virtual GPU Software (Quadro vDWS, GRID vPC, GRID vApps) | NVIDIA site.

On Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA , you cannot find ESXi 7.0++ host drivers . In dependency of the card e.g. M60 you still can find some old ESXi 5.5 drivers.

The registration allows to get to your Nvidia Licensing Portal NLP - Dashboard (nvidia.com).

DCasota_0-1691573117310.png

"I'm clearly missing something here.        "
1) For vGPU there is no real choice of graphics card vendors.
2) Only a few NVidia product types are supported for vGPU.
3) Since ESXi 7.0, the gain in security from vaulty drivers led to a skills shortage. There is no longer a search/find/do-it-yourself option. There is no community way to convert e.g. Linux drivers to ESXi drivers.
4) NVidia products typically are used for AI/ML research. Stop the cycle of thinking about yesterday's success and stay focused on the bigger picture. Artificial Intelligence Risk Management Framework (AI RMF 1.0) (nist.gov) . btw. this is military and gov grade research, too.

I hope this cleartext explanation helps.
-Daniel

0 Kudos