VMware Cloud Community
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

NFS share cannot mount unless adapter 1 is bridged.

I have ESXi host 6.7, with two adapters...

1st: set as host only

2nd as Bridged

If try and mount NFS share from ESXi to NAS i get an error "Timed out" based on logs.

The only way this works is by reversing the adapters i.e. adapter #1 becomes "Bridged", and adapter #2 becomes host only

I know there is 'fall over' in GUI, but is there anything in ESXI host to say "If it can't reach on 1st adapter, try next one"  Just for convenience so i don't have to recon

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So you're running nested ESXi within Workstation/Fusion here? If so, it'll need to be bridged if the NFS export you're trying to mount is on the same subnet as your Workstation/Fusion host. You need to add a dedicated vNIC and set it to bridged, put a vmkernel interface on it within ESXi, and perform your mount.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

So you're running nested ESXi within Workstation/Fusion here? If so, it'll need to be bridged if the NFS export you're trying to mount is on the same subnet as your Workstation/Fusion host. You need to add a dedicated vNIC and set it to bridged, put a vmkernel interface on it within ESXi, and perform your mount.

0 Kudos
TECH198
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

ah ok.. 

0 Kudos