VMware Cloud Community
ikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Moved VCSA 6.7

The host of our VCSA failed and we wanted to bring it up on another host (its data files were on a shared datastore).

However when we open its settings on the new host, we see the screenshot below.  Is it any way we can reconnect it properly or do we just have to create a new one from scratch?  It's a fairly small environment so the latter is doable.....

Thanks for comments and advice.

vcenter.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I had to do something similar with replacing hosts, and from what I can say, the warning signes are just displayed in the Embedded Host Client because it's a managed host. The migration though worked.

Do you have issues with bringing the vCSA up again? Please provide more information about the issue(s) you see.

André

0 Kudos
ikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I was afraid of powering it up if that would mess up its current config. 

So I can be sure to safely power up and see what's happening..?

The new host has access to all the old hosts' datastores, the only thing I cannot guarantee is that the name of the network port group is exactly the same....

regards Tor

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... the only thing I cannot guarantee is that the name of the network port group is exactly the same....

In my case I needed to connect the vSAC to an ephemeral dVS port group on the new host, which seems to be buggy in the Embedded Host Client.

Anyway, it should be possible to change the port group in the VM's settings, and if this isn't possible, you may create a temporary port group on the new host with the "old" name.

In any case, consider to create a snapshot prior to powering on the vCSA.

André

0 Kudos