VMware Cloud Community
VEspin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Move licensed host to another cluster

I inherited a couple of 3 server (2 CPUs each) clusters that were purchased at the same time to be mirrors of each other for DR. They were purchased with vSphere 6 Standard Acceleration Kit licenses, 6 CPU licenses per cluster. Our cluster in the main office is not adequate for future needs and our DR needs have changed so I'm wondering if we can move one of the hosts from the DR site to the main site. Will the licensing allow that? Right now they are acting as independent clusters with their own vCenter, though linked. Can I use the 6 CPU license in a way where 2 CPUs are in a cluster on one vCenter and 4 are on another?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes you can.

Regards,

Joerg

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes you can.

Regards,

Joerg

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

From a technical point of view, I agree with IRIX201110141​ because licenses from Acceleration Kits can be used like individually purchased licenses.

However, since Acceleration Kits may only be purchased once per site, EULA restrictions may apply.

If you need an official statement, please contact the VMware licensing support.

André

VEspin
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I contacted VMware support and they said that it was acceptable as long as it isn't being moved to another country (it isn't).

Thanks

0 Kudos