VMware Cloud Community
aladima
Contributor
Contributor

Mounting Datastore (NFS) to additional Hosts fails using the falsh client

Hello all,

we have an issue while trying to mount NFS datastores to additional hosts.

If we use the the flash client the operation fails.

The window that shows a collection of hosts from which you can choose to mount the DS stays empty and ceeps "refreshing" until you cancel the operation.

Mounting the DS using the HTML5 client or powercli works without any problems.

Does anybody had an idea where the problem can come from?

Is the vpx.log the right log to look for an hint?

thank you.

kind regards

PS: Version 6.5.0.20000 Build 9451637

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Hi,

Seems something odd, but maybe it's related with your workstation.

Did you try in another one?

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos
aladima
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately it is not related to my workstation.

All collegues have the same problem.

We tested several browsers (ie, chrome, firefox) too.

Also checked if there were some changes/patches executed on our workstations, without any results.

0 Kudos
aladima
Contributor
Contributor

I found something in the vsphere_client_virgo.log.

"

[2018-10-30T09:12:58.609Z] [WARN ] data-service-pool-761        71144470 115149 207524 com.vmware.vsphere.client.storage.impl.StoragePropertyProvider    Exception while querying NFS user for host. com.vmware.vise.data.query.DataServiceException: The data service execution was interrupted

"

Also found a KB that points to this warning: VMware Knowledge Base

I am just unsure if this can be the solution due to everything works fine in html5 client.

-----edit

Unfortunately  the kb2146229 does not work for 6.5.  The file location is wrong and the parameter ist not present

0 Kudos
dbalcaraz
Expert
Expert

Nice information.

Well, it's quite weird that it works in the HTML5 and not in the Flash client...

Obviously there is no problem in the additional hosts so there should be something with the web client in particular.

-------------------------------------------------------- "I greet each challenge with expectation"
0 Kudos