VMware Cloud Community
ChpeX
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Missing Datastore on esxi 6.7 with a MSA 1040 SAN

Hi, i have some trouble trying to connect a MSA 1040 SAN with an esxi 6.7,

i haved copy all the information of an a 5.5 esxi from a previus server, that is already connected with the SAN

previus server:

pastedImage_4.png

pastedImage_5.png

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_7.png

New Server:

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

and all seems to be ok, but they don't show me the datastores, somebody has any idea what can i do?

PD:

All the error that i found is this:

missing "en-us.storage.device.type.enclosure" translation

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hussainbte
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I see no port binding done for the software iSCSI adapter

can you please perform port binding with a dedicated vmkernel adapter just for iSCSI traffic..

I am sure you have a vmkernel adapter in the same network as the iSCSI array, otherwise you would not be able to see the static iSCSI targets.

do the Network port binding --> add port binding and add vmkernel for iSCSI into this. do a rescan and check

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
hussainbte
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I see no port binding done for the software iSCSI adapter

can you please perform port binding with a dedicated vmkernel adapter just for iSCSI traffic..

I am sure you have a vmkernel adapter in the same network as the iSCSI array, otherwise you would not be able to see the static iSCSI targets.

do the Network port binding --> add port binding and add vmkernel for iSCSI into this. do a rescan and check

If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Correct OR Helpful Regards, Hussain https://virtualcubes.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
ChpeX
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!, thank you for your help, that was the problem. now i can see my datastores.

Thank you!..

0 Kudos
aughsydney
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Please also note that esxi 6.7 and the MSA 1040 is not a supported configuration .

HPE MSA 1040, MSA 2040, and MSA 2042 Storage GL220P010 Firmware Release Notes

The MSA firmware for the 1040 supports up to esxi 6.5

If you experience weird issues - both VMware and HPE will wash their hands of you.("its not supported")

For example you should try to amend the Pool containing your ESXi datastores (add an additional disk group to it or a read-cache)

After doing that reboot one esxi host and see if the datastore loads - the datastore will not load - I've comes across this problem on the MSA2040 and 6.7.

0 Kudos