- Detach a iSCSI LUN (vmfs 5 datastore) from FreeNAS 1
- Unplug the drive and insert into FreeNAS2
- import volume, create new iSCSI sharing (portal, target, extent, associate etc...)
- ESXi setup iSCSI connection to FreeNAS 2, rescan iSCSI, found device (vmfs partion etc...)
- datastore doesn't show up, in the past need to create datastore, device pops up, use a new signature then it will works. This time nothing shown up, couldn't continue.
- ssh to esxi host, find the device, found device shown in /vmfs/devices/disks
- however when show vmfs, not there.
- how to remount the vmfs so that datastore will shown up again? via esxcli?
Can you make sure there are more than one path to this target, or what was earlier path configuration. Usually 'Degraded' status means there is only path to the target.
i only has single path for my lab. The other iSCSI LUN (1.42T) has the same setting and degraded LUN, but datastore show up fine.
Found this link using vmkfstools -L targetreset <TARGET_NAME> to unlock LUNs. Not sure if that will work in my case. Need some solid clue and there are vms which resides on this missing datastore.